Sunday, October 08, 2006


My First High School Football Game
in 10 years


There is a reason why, I don't go to high school football games, well it's cold. And I really don't have an alliance to any high school except Manchester High School. But I am not that die hard of a fan. However, I have just checked and Manchester is 8-0 this season.

On Friday night, I went to the Marine City v. Marysville football game, in Marysville on Friday. One of my students was playing for Marine City, I have a rule, I will go see my students in one of their games/meets etc. if they ask. So I picked Marine City v. Marysville, because that is closest to my house, which means it's not close at all.

I was lucky enough to have two of my students who kept me company. First Bruce and I took them out to eat at Big Boy. The whole time I kept asking myself, why are these teenagers here hanging out with us. They are aware that I am not cool, maybe they are part of secret coolness recovery program, however I think they are unaware that I was never cool. Oh well, I appreciate it. They are great kids, I am lucky to have a class full of awesome seniors.

No comments: