Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Last Night: UB40 - Today: I B Tired

O.k. I know it's lame, but hey when you are as tired as I am at this moment, being clever and witty seem to be only distant memories. Last night I went with Olive and Angie (pictured below) to the UB40 concert. I thought the only song I knew was Red, Red Wine, however I knew many more. It was the most fun to people watch. The audience was filled with middle aged - mostly men - mostly white - who can't dance. Despite the fact that they couldn't dance, they did. The most amazing spectical was the woman with who brought a prop: it was a small towel that she used to swing around, like a lasso. And when neede it could be used to wipe her brow of sweat. It was fun, but when I woke up this morning I was regretting it strolling in a 1 am.

So now I am home and kickin' back with TiVo watching my new addiction: Big Brother All Stars. (Thank you Todd & Andrea.) Holy cow this show is bad, but I am loving every minute of it. All I have to say is I never thought Head of Household, Power of Veto and Chill Town would be part of my vocabulary, but now it is. This game is full of alliances, lying and complete and utter nonsense. So left in the house we have a deceiving doctor and his crazy partner Boogie (which I have is decided short for booger), booger's secret fake-breasted girlfriend, a blonde bimbo, a whining frat boy and Chicken George.

So here's the skinny on how this silly show works: every week the "house guests" battle in a silly game every week to determine who is Head of Household. The head of household nominates two people who the other house guests will potentially be voted out of the house. But before the vote there is another competition where the house guest battle for the "power of veto." The power of veto lets that house guest veto the head of households nomination or do nothing. Of course if you are nominated you want the power of veto and if you are the head of household you want it because you don't want your nominations to change.

If you are a real die hard fan you can watch a live feed from the house and know what is happening before it airs. I don't think I could ever be that obsessed, who knows we all have a our moments. Big Brother is on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, which is good because I am constantly craving more drama. I need something to get me through the week, really it's just passing time until the next new episode of Project Runway, which is TONIGHT! However, with me being so tired, I think I will have to rely on TiVo and watch it tomorrow.

1 comment:

taawd said...

Thanks for the mention in the post. I tried to make an animated gif for my blog with a tornado knocking Howie out of the picture but blogger changed it into a png file. So, I want to see Angie's blog. Too fun! The net feeders are oddly quiet about what's going on in the house. Thursday's gonna be a big night!