Thursday, October 25, 2007

Checking In

As you can see I haven't been blogging much, I blame Canada. Really I blame grad school because apparently they make you work a little, which frankly I don't have time for when I am trying to keep up the TiVo changed my life blog.

School is going well. Currently my students are working on their news projects. This time their news projects have kind of double duty.. I am going to use them as part of my grad school website called: Fliknews. It's a journalism based website that will provide commenting and feedback (similar to website like Youtube, Myspace and Facebook.) The idea is to mix the things my students like with social networking with education. My kids are excited so I hope it comes through in this project. I am not going to lie I usually have a really hard time getting my students jazzed about journalism but this time I talked about journalism is really story telling and they seemed to dig that.

This weekend, I have declared as official rest weekend. I will be catching up on school work, laundry and most importantly TiVo. Oh and how can I forget... blogging! However as I type this Bruce continues to try to sabotage my rest. Every question is do you want to go to Cedar Point, Ann Arbor, Chicago and today it was Solvakia? Can you see why I am so tired? But I am holding firm on my stance. I also plan on doing some running, but that is about as strenuous as it gets.

2 comments:

taawd said...

yeah! you need to relax! you haven't even taken time out of your busy schedule to call hubby #2. Tell Bruce he could have just gotten into the Saab and visited me this weekend and leave you alone! Journalism is fun, everyone wants to do it!

Robert Smith said...

You should go somewhere, tell Bruce to go to work and then take off to the great white north.....

If not there, I here Lima is real nice this time of year.