Saturday, November 25, 2006

To Be Thankful for WHAT?

Ok, I must admit that the start of Thanksgiving day, I was wondering what I truly had to be thankful for. It started Wednesday night, Bruce and I went to bed at 8:30 pm, because we were both working America's Thanksgiving Parade. I wake up at 10:30 and notice Bruce is not there, then I heard something, oh yes it was him throwing up in the downstairs bathroom. Then he came up and laid down and the next thing I know he's tossing his cookies again. At that point, I move to the guest bedroom. Ok, I did ask if he was ok and if there was anything I could do, he moaned no, so I took my leave. Then my alarm goes off at 2:30 am and I walk into our bedroom to find my husband sprawled out on the floor.

I have never seen him so sick. Obviously he is not going to be working at the parade. So I call his boss and tell him that he won't be coming. I am sure you are wondering why I am calling his boss, he literally was so weak he couldn't hold up the phone. The whole time, I am wondering should I take him to the hospital. So the next best thing, I call his mother, who is a nurse. She said, he should be ok.

Then if that wasn't bad enough. I go downstairs and I hear water. I am like where is that coming from, oh yes, it was coming from downstairs in the basement. The pipes where leaking, well that doesn't sound as bad as it was, I would go with over flowing. I run outside and grabbed two 5 gallon buckets and stuck them under the overflowing pipes.

I go back upstairs to get ready to drive to Detroit. I find Bruce now sprawled out lying on the bathroom floor. Like the good wife that I am I say, I will call you. Yes, I just left him, with the pipes running over in the basement. I must say though, he told me to go. However, I did know that his father was coming over to our house a little later.

So then I and worked for Local 4, see the pictures below. It was the best parade day because it was not below zero, it wasn't raining, it wasn't snowing. I felt bad that the one year Bruce was sick, he missed the best weather we have ever seen. They also moved the parade route this year, it was in the heart of downtown Detroit. It was great. So I guess I was thankful for the weather.

The good news, Bruce survived. I went to Manchester for Thanksgiving dinner. I was thankful that Bruce was ok enough not to need me to come home. And he said it was ok for me to go to Manchester and hang out with the fam and of course eat.

And so far, I have not gotten sick. I am not sure if Bruce had food poisoning or the flu. He did eat a shady wrap from the mejier gas station, but his mom says that is the type of flu going around. Now his dad is sick, I feel like it might only be a matter of time. So right now I am thankful that I have yet to get sick.

So I guess I have a lot to be thankful for.

No comments: