Friday, November 24, 2006



I meet Jeff Daniels at America's Thanksgiving Parade. However, when I meet famous people, I immediately became a dork.

Here's our conversation:

Jeff Daniels: (sitting in an RV playing a guitar)
(I walk in to pick up scripts)
Me: Hello Devin (Devin Scillian who is also sitting in the RV)
(I walk over to Jeff Daniels)
Me: Hello, I'm Jennie Holladay, I grew up in your neck of the woods, Manchester.
(Manchester is right next to Chelsea where Jeff Daniels lives.)
Jeff:(No comment)
Me:(feeling awkward) Yes, the home of the flying Dutchmen (my high school mascot), who doesn't love a wooden shoe with wins, go dutch.
Jeff:(No comment)
Devin: Jennie, how is Bruce? Have you talked to him?
Me: I left him this morning on the bathroom floor, I am pretty sure he has the flu.
My inner thoughts: Thank you Devin for making me look like a human, who isn't still fascinated with my high school mascot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think he is all that... I would have thought he would have been nicer.
I think your attempted conversation starters were valid. He is a dork.

Anonymous said...

Jeff Daniels is thinking right now "I hope Bruce is okay"

darkroompaul said...

I ran handheld on the street for the parade, and during rehersal he seemed really hungover to me. Hopefully he was just not feeling well. I'm not a huge fan of him as an actor, but he usually seems like a nice guy.