Sunday, August 31, 2008

30 Here I Come....

...and by the signs of it I am already there. I have been living up my last two-weeks in my twenties. We went to a Counting Crows concert on Friday night ad we sat on the lawn - we ended up next to these very drunk ladies (I am guessing mid-40's) and they were hooting and hollering in their rented chairs. I am all about enjoying the concert but screaming every five minutes for no reason does help with the enjoyment. I turned to Bruce and said - I think I might just be too old for the lawn.

Then there is the bigger problems. I lost my car keys somewhere in my house. This happened Thursday night. I did not lose all my keys just my car key. I drove home Thursday night - I was really tired and I went pretty much straight to bed. All I remember when I was driving home was separating my keys because they were clanging. I have looked everywhere - including digging through the kitchen trash and I can't find them. It is driving me nuts - especially because I don't lose my keys. Is this a sign of what's to come?

2 comments:

Fred said...

Yes, it is a sign of things to come. Take my word for it. At my age, if I think of something, I do it immediately for fear of forgetting it later.

Reality sucks.

~Lori said...

oh no. it's starting.
i swear i woke up on my 30th birthday with way more wrinkles around my eyes than i went to bed with.....
welcome to the 30 club.