Sunday, February 24, 2008

It's Official....

We're Running the Chicago Marathon. Bruce and I signed up tonight. This will the third time I have registered for this race - and you know what they say the third time is a charm. I hope so because it's now up to $110 for registration the last two times I registered it was cheaper - like $35 cheaper. Well this is it, if I break another bone this year, I think someone is trying to tell me to not run.

So what does this mean, well Krista & family - prepare to become our cheering squad. Oh and Mom & Dad, don't think you are off the hook, I expect full participation. Megan - get your homework done early - you must also come out of your dorm room to cheer. Plus anyone else (the 7:11 crew) you are more than welcome (and/or required) to come and have fun in Chicago with us! Tony & Robert- we will be in GR for you - so well I guess what I am saying I expect the same. And Robert I don't want to hear anything about Chicago - you are coming and you are going to like it!!

I am excited, I don't expect to break any land speed records. But I am hoping to run about 11 minute miles - which would put me at about 4:45 for completion of the marathon. So here's to another summer of training... who's with me. Bruce - you don't have a choice you are in - we've already paid for your registration.

6 comments:

taawd said...

good luck... i will be rooting for you from good ol' sunny cleveland.

~Lori said...

wow. You guys are awesome and WAY more ambitious than I am. I wish I could run around the block, let alone a marathon! But I'm an excellent cheerleader, and hey, someone's got to watch, right?

Tony said...

Awesome! Not sure running at 7:11 in Geneva will be early enough this year to prep for the marathon though.

Beach Bum said...

I want to go to the American Girl store while we're there! Robert, we ARE going, aren't we?

Anonymous said...

You go girl! You too Jennie! B&J rock!

From the previous commenter, I guess that means I will be there.

Is there a store called the Canadian Girl?

Robt

Anonymous said...

Good Luck.