Friday, April 13, 2007

Kickin' It in Lapeer Co.

Well it's Friday night, Bruce is on his way to Vegas, G. Love and Special Sauce are playing in Madison, Wisconsin and I am kickin' it in Lapeer Co. Yes, I like to keep it real you know, I am currently fighting with you tube which doesn't want me to post anymore G. Love videos (maybe it is trying to tell me something.)

This morning I spent my last day of my spring break at the Lapeer County Ed-Tech Center meeting Bruce's students, it was fun seeing his classroom and how he interacts with his students. I came home sent Bruce to the airport and headed to the gym! Yes I am attempting to get my running legs back. This winter has been an on and off struggle for my running. I had a good October and November, but once the holidays hit into the new year, my three days a week running, became two. In March, I was lucky to get in one day a week. So I am trying to get back into the groove and it's a slow groove.

The treadmill is my winter friend, because well it's hard enough to get out there when it gets dark so early and its so freaking cold. I used to hate the treadmill, but now I find it a good way to rate my speed. However, it also becomes my arch Nemesis when I am trying to get my groove back, because I feel like it's yelling at me when I go slow. I look at that number and I know it could and should be higher, but my feet can't go faster. I also run to time on a treadmill not distance, and I find myself making deals, if I make it to 15 minutes left , I can walk a minute, then if I make it to 10 I can walk 30 seconds. The next thing you know I am just walking regardless of time.

I am also frustrated with this treadmill because I feel like at this time in April I should be able to get out at least once a week and run outside. I am getting gym fever. It's spring, I need to be sprung. But with all the snow and freezing rain, I am sticking to the treadmill.

After seeing my NBB at Lapeer Ed-Tech and talking with one of Bruce's Bosses Kathy an amazing woman who's lost 110 pounds... yes the woman has lost another human being... and talking about running, I am thinking along with NBB (Marina) joining a Crim Training group. My Aunt Val was a leader last year. I have never run the 10 mile Crim, however the Crim is on of my favorite road races, I usually just run the 5k or 8k, this year it might be a good year to run the 10 mile.