Monday, May 05, 2008

The Spring Christmas Wreath

So why do I have a Christmas Wreath still hanging on my door this Cinco De Mayo? Well, it's simple, after Christmas, it was still fresh and pretty that I didn't want to take it down. Then I am not going to lie, I forgot about it. It was just there, and I liked how it looked, so I didn't think about it. Then some of Bruce's co-workers that drive by our house daily started giving him a hard time.

So when the weather got nice I ventured out to the front porch to take down the wreath, when low and behold there was a nest. Yes, a mother robin, had decided that out wreath was the best place to build a nest. Inside the nest was three little blue eggs. So we made the executive decision to leave the wreath up for the birds. To the left is the view of the wreath from my window when I removed the shade.

Well I checked tonight and it appears that those eggs have hatched and we now a baby birds in our nest. I took a photo when I noticed through the window that the mother wasn't there to guard her nest. These pictures I will admit are not the best, the window is a little dirty, but hey I didn't want to disturb the newborns. The fuzz in the middle are the baby birds. You might have to click on the picture and make it bigger to see them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you can't take it down now. Great story! We sell a wreath called the Wildlife Christmas Wreath during the holiday season but I have to admit... Yours is better... Even if it isn't fresh anymore. I'll check back to see how the story ends.

Fred said...

Heck, leave it up all year!

Robert Smith said...

Think of it as starting early for this year

JH said...

I believe that's how they do it in Canada...

~Lori said...

I agree. The wreath must remain a permanent fixture on the door now.

And to answer your question, I have the most recent 'Hills' on my DVR, but haven't watched it yet. Maybe today.