Tuesday, December 12, 2006


Last night Bruce and I went to the Jim Brickman concert in Saginaw. Two things I have never done nor was I really wasn't expecting to do: that is go see Jim Brickman or go to Saginaw. (OK I may have been in Saginaw at some time in my life, but I don't remember it, so I feel safe in claiming that I have never been there. If I have, I will deny it. I guess I am already denying it.) However, despite my hesitation I had a great time. We saw the concert at the Temple Theatre. We literally sat down just as the concert started. For of those of you who aren't familiar with Brickman (like I wasn't until I married Bruce), he is what I would call a romantic piano player. Yes, it's easy listening, hey what can I say, if you would remember earlier it wasn't my first choice. We all know that I heart G. Love, who is clearly not easy listening. That being said, I had a great time. It was a fun concert. The music was nice, there was a lot of Christmas music. He was very chatty with the crowd and had a great sense of humor. He moved a lot while he plays piano and he explained that. It was funny, you are going to have to trust me. He had two singers with him, one was from Crocker, Missouri. Crocker is the place where I filed one of my best stories from as a reporter. It was called "No Hot Lunch." The locals were "Hot Mad." Nothing makes for a better story than people screaming about their "babies being hungry." It made me laugh when I saw Crocker in the program. I felt like running up to him and saying.. "I have been to Crocker." (See how everything goes back to geography with me when I meet any type of performer... If not just click here to refresh your memory.)

1 comment:

Megan said...

This is so witty. You seem like the type of person who would write a hilarious e-mail about a potluck featuring the O'Tannenbaum taco salad.