Monday, August 18, 2008

Back Home As a Graduate

So I am just going to throw this out there - I don't feel much different, not smarter, better looking, older - just nothing. I expect it's like a birthday - when the day finally comes you don't necessarily feel a year older (however that could change come this birthday.) If you have been away or just arriving to this blog - I graduated from grad school on 08.08.08 in Geneva. Thanks for watching: Dad, Uncle Jack and Aunt Mary Ann!

Bruce and I finally arrived home at 1 am on Thursday morning - Thank You Continental. (I hope you read the sarcasm in that.) Since then I have been a cleaning mad woman. I think you could call it nesting. I just am trying to get everything put away before the school year starts. Which should have started on Friday - but the union worked it out so it starts next Wednesday, but these extra days have been much needed.

There is a great relief to graduating though. I don't have this looming feeling that I should be doing something - more important than cleaning. This year, I always felt like there was something else more important or more productive that I should be doing. Anytime I relaxed - I couldn't relax because this guilt would creep in and well there is no point to that.It is also strange too not seeing your friends and professors everyday - when that became the norm for a month in Geneva. Now we are spread across the country and a great deal of planning must go into our next visit. Which for most of us will be next weekend - when we run the Crim. Bruce and I are running the 10 mile, but I am not sure what the rest of the 7:11 crew is planning on doing. I am excited about the Crim, because not only will it be great to see my friends, it will be great to see my family because whether they run or not they are all known to frequent the party afterwards - which has to be everyones favorite part.

As for TiVo - well that is a long story for another post - maybe even today. But for the most part I have been an Olympics addict. When I mean addict, I will watch anything from Badminton to Crew to Fencing to Gymnastics to Kayaking to Swimming. You name it, I will watch it. And I get emotional - I cry like a baby - it's not pretty. But as I write this I think I should be near a television because something must be on that I have to watch - to think of it, I am not even sure when the Olympics end.

1 comment:

taawd said...

congratulations!!!

now that you're back you COULD call me.