Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Last Days of School

We are in the last days of school - and because students are taking finals and I don't work at a "high school." The hallways are very empty. In fact only 1 out of the 5 school districts that my building serves is still sending students. Which means, I only have two students, yes, there is a two teachers and two students left in the classroom. It's kind of crazy.

Tonight I met my two students who will be heading to Kansas City with me at the end of the month for the SkillsUSA competition. We recorded the Adult Education Graduation - it was a fundraiser for our trip. Bruce helped - because well this is more his thing than mine. So since I helped him on Sunday - he helped me today.

However, I should be doing laundry for my trip on Saturday - but I am frankly too exhausted - plus what is Friday night for anyway. However, I am looking for suggested reading while I am there. Remember, I will be in Germany, Poland and the Czech Republic - so if yo have a book set there that would be fabulous.

The last books that I have read - well are the Twilight series. Yes, I fell into the trap - everytime I mention them, watch the movie or say anything remotely linked - Bruce mutters under his breath - 12 year-old girl. And to be honest - I am thinking about rereading them. I don't know if it's because the transition from one school to another mid-year has been so hard and there is something comforting in the teenage angst. I am nto sure if I am in a midlife crisis - or if like any women Edward is just too hard to resist. But it could be that I am fanscinated with vampires - I remember that I nearly wore out the VHS tape of Lost Boys. And no it wasn't because of the "two Coreys." I am not sure if there is some freudian fascination with the "never dead" but whatever it is - I am hooked. And when one of my students told me that she was going to publish another book in the series after all (despite it being leaked to the press before it was finished) I immediately got excited. However, I have been googling that tonight and don't see where she is finding this information - maybe its from MySpace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip, I am sure Bruce has some TV magazines, or books that you could take along...

Looking forward to reading your Summer Blog 2009 as it rolls off the press..

Paul D

Magical Me said...

A) I love that Dagmar was in the movie.

B) If there is not another Twilight book I think I might have to write my own fantasy series, because since Harry Potter ended I have been in a period of mourning and Twilight showed me the light at the end of the tunnel.