Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Up Without an Alarm

I woke up this morning at 5:40 am without my alarm. If you don't know by now, I am not a morning person. I sleep until noon on weekends if possible. So this time change back from Europe is changing my morning routine for now, like I am showered, dressed and ready to go and I still have time to blog. Usually I leave no time to do anything but shower, dress and leave, which in turns lets me snooze exactly twice with the alarm.

I went back to school yesterday. My classes seemed to have lots of energy, maybe they were revived from the break. Well I take it back my morning class seemed just as quiet and tired as usually, however, my afternoon class is always pure energy. So it looks like the break gave me time to forget.

My students enjoyed my pictures and stories about my trip. Well at least they pretended too, mainly because it was show and tell instead of work.

However, I am still kicking myself because in Frankfurt they were offering 600 Euro cash to be bumped off the flight. That is $960. Enough to pay for the entire trip. But I kept thinking I have so much to do this week, especially since this weekend is the State SkillsUSA competition which I am in charge of organizing for our school. But the kicker was when I was talking to my boss yesterday about the flight situation and he said, oh you should have done it, you had comp time. I was like doh - was he just giving me permission. Well note to self for next time, but I highly doubt there will be a next time. I had never heard of an airline offering cash to miss the flight instead of a voucher. Well I guess I should stop thinking about it, because me thinking about it won't get me $960.

It is nice to be home, however, I have so much to do (laundry) before I leave Friday morning for a weekend with 100's of high schoolers competing in the SkillsUSA competition. Ahhhhh! It will be fun, but I have a feeling it may be like three weeks before I recover from this Jet Lag. Don't worry, I have more from the trip including pictures, but they are on Bruce's computer so you will have to wait. Maybe tonight.

No comments: