Friday, April 25, 2008

Kansas City Here We Come!!!

So I got a call yesterday, well a message, I don't get calls during class. I checked the message and it was Tammy Brown, the Michigan state SkillsUSA director. She called to let me know that my second place audio production team was going to nationals in Kansas City. The first place team opted out and then that opens it up to the second place team. I would like to say that my students really deserve this opportunity because well they only lost first place by one point.

I am so excited for my students - who by the way are thrilled. Which is really cool, they are both seniors and they are great kids, who I enjoy. I am not going to lie, I had already talked myself into being excited for Bruce but excited for me to have a week to myself to clean my house and relax. I also had retired from my position as SkillsUSA coordinator after lots of work for the state competition. However, that was just a momentary thing, I am now just as excited as my students. Plus I get to hang out with Bruce in my favorite city: Kansas City! And this year the Michigan group gets to say in a nice hotel near all the coolest places.

No comments: