Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Rest of the Trip

Well as you know the G. Love Meet & Greet was just a small (HUGE) portion of Olive and my trip to Cleveland. Here's the rest of the story. We left for Cleveland at about 11:30 ish, which got us there early about 3pm. So what to do for two hours. We called Todd, our Todd who is the Supervising, Top, Head, Senior, Very Important, Chief, Stud Muffin Producer at
WEWS Channel 5 in Cleveland. Todd, Olive and I all meet while working at Local Four in Detroit. We were hired all by one man, Stan, who is the Assistant News Director at WEWS. So we had a chance to see him too, Stan told us he would try to come to the G.Love concert and use our extra tickets but he stood us up, it's alright, I am over it, it's his loss. It was really nice to see Stan again. I enjoyed working for him and was sad when he left Detroit.

Todd
gave us the 50 cent tour of the station, turns out he had to produce the 11 pm or something and needed to have an afternoon meeting or something. But while we were there I told him that he should send a crew to cover the Brighter Side of the Road, G. Love event. And Todd pulled through, giving Olive and I much street cred with our new Cleveland friends. Also apparently we were on the news in Cleveland. Yes, not only the event made the television, but so did we.

Then we headed to Flannery's Pub at the suggestion of Todd. We
had a couple drinks and enjoyed the Channel 5 news at 5. Then we headed to the meet and greet. You can read all about it here.

However, let me talk a little about my new Cleveland friends. They were so great, starting with Todd, pictured here. I would thank them all but there are so
many that I can't remember all their names, I am sorry, I was excited, I hope they forgive me. They made us feel so welcome, to be honest, I would not have known or probably gone to this event without G. Love, however since then I have learned a lot more, I have spent a lot of time on their website and we talked a lot to them while we are waiting. Along with being really nice and great people, they has such a great attitude about life. ALS also know as Lou Gehrig's Disease.It strikes with no warning and doctors still don't know who and why it will be affected. The disease is debilitating and there is no cure. Also the number of people that have ALS is around 30,000 but that isn't enough to get a lot research money. So the Brighter Side of the Road foundation is working to raise money for research and education. That being said, I would definitely go to another event, even without G. Love. They are going to have another event in Chicago on April 27th. So if you are looking for a great time with a great crowd of people don't hesitate to get a ticket and go!

Back to Cleveland, Olive and I were able to watch the concert from above... yes we couldn't get our usual front row spots due to the meet and greet. But our new Cleveland friends got us passes to the upper level so we were close and up above. They were good sits they gave me a different view than I have ever had. It was fun, I got to watch House Man do his thing, usually I can't see much of him.
G Love also brought up Steve the Travelin' Blues Man from Detroit on stage again. I must admit that it seemed like Detroit loved Steve more, but Cleveland showed him love too. It was great concert. I was a little disappointed because my favorite song wasn't on the play list I-76, hence my cool shirt. However, G.L.A.S.S never disappoints. That's why I have been such a fan.

After the concert, we met Todd at Flannery's. Then Todd gave us the driving tour of Cleveland. I wanted to come back with Bruce, but come back in the summer. Cleveland too has had snow recently, however they got 5 inches when we got 1.5. Yes, I was not thrilled to see all that snow on SPRING BREAK 2007. But G. Love, House Man, Jimmy Jazz and Marc (the newest sauce member) warmed my heart. We stayed the night at Chez Todd in Avon Lake a suburb to the west of Cleveland. Todd has a very nice apartment, however, I am with his friends from Cleveland. Move downtown, it suits you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you got to chat with G. Love for a brief period. I wish it could have been longer or more personal, but we had no control over that.

I'm glad you had fun in Cleveland. Come back to the R & R Hall of Fame sometime.

Thank you for the posts on your blog about Bright Side of the Raod and about ALS.

I have bookmarked you so I'll be sure and keep following your blog.

Bob (the first guy you met) :)

taawd said...

should your blog now be called howmeetingglovechangedmylife.com?