Monday, April 16, 2007

I am sitting here watching all the news coverage surrounding the Virginia Tech shootings. I am trying to think of something to write that would be profound and provocative, but I can't. Crime like this just doesn't make sense to me. I am not saying that crime makes sense in general, but crimes of passion, robberies and things like that are easy for me to comprehend. This I just can't understand.

I am sitting here watching television, in tears of course, watching the University's press conference. It's hard to watch, and I just got home and turned on the TV. These press conference turn quickly from what they can tell you, to the reporters finger pointing, you shoulda, coulda. It will only be a matter of time before I have to force myself to turn it off. I am sure the students, parents and people there wish it was that easy, just turning off the news.

No comments: