Sunday, November 12, 2006

What a Weekend!
Fun & the Joys of Home Ownership

Let me start at Friday night. Bruce and I went to the Lapeer Cinemas, it's pretty much a weekend
staple. Checking out the newest flicks that come to Lapeer. Friday, we went to the see "Stranger than Fiction" with Will Farrell. The movie was ok, however we had some middle schoolers behind us. Oh my word, I wish I had seen their parents when they waiting to be picked up. I would have only been happy to share how well behaved they were during the movie, especially the part were they left 100 times or the part when they were crawling on the floor, sitting on each other laps and giggling. Oh it's the best way to view a movie, if you are practicing rage control.

Then on Saturday morning, I hit the volleyball court at the Lapeer Recreation Center. It's open court pick-up volleyball. I am having fun, it's the second time I have played. The second time I have stepped on the court in 5 years. I am having a lot of fun. I am not that great of a player, I have high expectations of myself, however it turns out that I am not well in high schoo
l anymore. But it's fun and I can only get better. I hope.

Then I had to hurry home to clean the house because well we rarely have house guests and I was super excited that my fabulous friend Mary Lobbestael came up to visit. And well my house needed some attention. So I cleaned and cleaned. Then the next thing we know, we have pipes backing up. However, we were lucky enough that Bruce's dad owns a roto router. He came over in a flash and fixed it. The next thing that went wrong is the switch on the pump blew, meaning that we were again having water issues. Bruce ran to Tractor Supply to buy a new one. He managed to get it installed just in time for Mary to arrive.


Having Mary here was great. We went out to dinner and came home and enjoyed a good bottle of wine, two bottles later, which Mary and I both regretted this morning. Again, I am not as young as I once was. These pictures look like I felt. It's fun to be friends with someone for a long time, you have so many memories. We also made some new ones, which I have included.

No comments: