Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thanksgiving with the Sahakian's

So, I haven't had a chance to write about the pandemonium that was Thanksgiving at the Sahakian household. My mom's sisters and their families came down to Manchester for the big meal. My sister came out from Chicago with her two kids, my darling niece Sophie and nephew Max. Bruce of course, didn't get a chance to spend the day with us, because remember he was well, I left him at home sick.

When I got to Manchester, I immediately took a nap, because well being up since 2:30 a.m. is down right exhausting. So I took a short nap. And was awoken as my sister, Krista and her kids arrived. Max, her youngest is a crazy talker, was very excited about going to Grampa and Grampa's. My mom opens the door and he says, hi grandma, where's Nina (my dad's newest/favorite child.) The kids are so sweet, when Sophie saw me she was so excited to see me, she gave me a big hug. I like being Aunt Jennie.

Once the entire family arrived, it was time to eat. And we like to eat! Its a family past time. At a Sahakian/Kump/Ryan/Dutkowski family event there are several types of food you will always find. Of course, Aunt Elena always brings the veggies and dip, Aunt Janet brings the broccoli, cheese and rice, Aunt Val brings the green bean casserole and my mom of course has the rolls from the Common Grill in Chelsea and the Patiza. This year I made apple and blueberry pie. It was delicious, I have several helpings.

This year the kids table officially overcame the adult table. Ok, I guess we aren't technically kids anymore, most of us are in our 20's. Vince (pictured to the right) and Jill are in high school and then there is cousin Olivia who is 5. My sister kids are like her cousins, because frankly as fun as we are, we cannot be the amount of fun required by a 5 year-old.

It is always great fun when our family gets together. I really love hanging out with them all. We just laugh and have such a great time. So below there are some great photos. The picture above is my niece, nephew and cousin Olivia flattening me after I have eaten too much food. Please enjoy.


After dinner it's relaxing with "Finding Nemo."

Looks like Brent stole Olivia's spot.

For some reason the kids are gravitated toward the cage. I swear we don't lock them in there, they get in there by choice.

Brent and Me

Uncle Tom & Max Watching TV

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My nephew, Warren, used to climb in our dog's cage...with the dog in it! He was always a bit off...my nephew, not the dog...