Sunday, August 20, 2006

a running frustration
So here's the deal, I have been enjoying a wonderful summer of running (unfortunately despite the summer of running, I still don't look like that picture above.) It like watching TiVo is one of my favorite things to do. Unfortunately I am not as spry as I once was and either too much running or these crazy incline sit-ups has put me on the bench. I have hurt a muscle in my upper thigh/hip area. From the little research I have done (a.k.a calling my Uncle Jimmy who has a masters in exercise physiology) I have determined that I have pulled/injured my ischiofemoral ligament, or it could be the pubofemoral or iliofemoral ligaments, they are all in the same area. (See the picture to the right, you can click on it to make it larger.) Regardless of the ligament, I have had to take time off running. Right now I am at 6 days with no running. It is hard especially when I was enjoying my last week of summer vacation, sitting starring at the beautiful weather not able to go running or walking, because that made it hurt too. Tomorrow will be a one week and I want to try to run again, but I am a little afraid that it might be too soon. If I have learned anything with injuries its bad to go back to soon. But my heart says run, my brain says wait, no run, no wait. I know what you are thinking, there are a few too many voices. I am signed up to run a 5K at the Bobby Crim next Saturday, I was hoping to break 30 minutes. (those of you who may be serious runners now know that I am not in your league. Hey I am proud of breaking a 10 minute mile.) However if I haven't run in two weeks before the race, I will be lucky to keep my normal pace. So on 75 degree days like this when I should be running with my dog at the park, I have resorted into power washing my porch and cleaning windows. From one obsession to the next.

On another note: back to the new hair. Have you ever gotten your hair done drastically different, however there is no one to notice. Of course my husband noticed, but other than that I haven't really seen anyone else I know. We keep going out and I look at strangers or people who check me in the at the gym, regulars at the gym, cashiers who have checked me out before at Walmart, anyone who may have seen me once before expecting them to comment on how much they like the change, but the kicker is they don't know it's a change. Bruce and I were supposed to go to his family picnic yesterday where I was sure that someone might notice, but it was raining and Bruce had to work so we didn't go. I saw my neighbor and he looked at me and you could tell he was like I know there is something different about you, but I have no idea what it is. So hopefully my co-workers will notice, because frankly I need confirmation of change. Thank you for those who commented on my blog. And I know this sounds silly but it isn't, I need people to notice and say they like it, even it they are lying. Girls, I know you know what I am talking about. I just feel like it was such a big change, that the next couple days people should be stopping me in the streets saying, did you do something to your hair, girl it's fabulous. This means only one thing, I need more gay men in my life, next step find out where they hang out in Lapeer county and befriend them.

1 comment:

Andrew McAllister said...

Your hair is totally great. Seriously. And I'm not even gay ... I'm just an extremely well trained husband. :o)

To Love, Honor and Dismay