Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Prince Edward Island (PEI)

It's quiet and remote, however, I am enjoying that. This is the first blog update and there will be no pictures - because we don't have internet access at the house we have rented with friends. Yesterday, we did some exploring on the island. Today is devoted to Anne of Green Gables - the most famous fictional resident of the island. There is a Greenfield Village type place - where actors reenact scenes from the book all day long. We started at 9 am - now we are breaking for lunch/internet - but we will head back this afternoon.

We have eaten lobster - but I am looking forward to eating more. It's about 6.99 Canadian per pound - unlike the $20 Canadian for a pound of chicken. We are also planning a bonfire on the beach. Maybe there will be a little swimming - but it has been kind of cool. Yesterday, we went running then I thought I was going to jump in - but after we got down to the beach - I had cooled off and jumping in no longer sounded like a good idea.

Our neighbors here said they saw a whale in the distance - we have yet to see any whales. Well I best be getting on - I am hungry and I must see the tragic tea party with Anne and Diana at 1:30 pm. I will post some photos when we get back.

2 comments:

Maureen Clark said...

Thanks for this post - a nice insight to a place I hope to go live at with my son....soon.

Maureen

ss.k1@btinternet.com

Magical Me said...

I'm totally planning a trip there next summer. My friend Katie and I want to go to the Anne of Green Gables festival because we are borderline creepily obsessed with it.