Thursday, July 23, 2009

Back in Geneva

Well I am back in Geneva, sitting in the classroom, but this time I am just using the Internet. There is no homework to be completed. I have come back to Geneva to serve as a mentor for the new U of M Global Cohort. Three members of our 7:11 club returned this year, Bruce, Meghan and myself. Our mentoring tour of duty doesn't really start until next week, however we arrived early because we wanted to adjust to the time change.

Last night we went to our favorite dinner spot in Geneva called Fifty-Fifty. Then today we woke up early to go running. We just did 2 mile to get ourselves acclimated to the hills - however I think the hills of Prince Edward Island helped. Usually my first time trying to run up the huge hill here is unsuccessful, but this time I made it all the way up with no problems (well it was a very slow climb - but none the less I did not stop.)

Tomorrow we are leaving for Barcelona, I am very excited because this is my first trip Spain. We made Meghan practice her Spanish - but the bad news is that her soon-to-be Sister-in-Law is Spanish and pretty much said that they speak a dialect - so her Spanish is worthless. We are hoping that they will be used to English speakers because they are used to tourists.

I don't have many pictures yet - but will post some when we get back from Spain.

No comments: