Friday, March 28, 2008

So when I got an email from the 7:11 club about reuniting to run a race on March 29th, I thought sure why not. March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb. The average high is in the low 50's. Well tomorrow morning - the Flushing 5k will be brisk at best. At race start (9am) the "real feel" temperature will be a chilly 17 degrees.

I am not promising any land speed records, though I am sure I will try to run fast to get to warmth. I am still recovering from my run in with the flu last weekend. Bruce and Karyn will be running the 5k with me, Tony and Robert will be doing the 1/2 marathon.

In other news we are one week out from Spring Break 2008. Bruce, Karyn, Meghan and I will be heading to Europe for a quick 10 day trip. Starting in Prague - then working with students on a film in Bratislava, Slovakia and returning home from Vienna. I am excited about the trip - the only drag is that the dollar sucks right now - so that makes the trip more expensive. But you only live once and I am hoping to win the Mega Millions - so cross your fingers.

Also breaking news, I will be attending my first George Michael concert with his biggest fan, Olive this summer in Chicago. Olive's fandom trumps anyone I know, including me. Yes, even after winning the "G. Love's Biggest Fan" contest, I am no match for her devotion. So clearly you can see why I am so excited. Also I do appreciate George and I have never been to a George concert.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

helloooo, any post involving george michael requires a lovely accompanying photograph, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

I think there's entirely too much George Michael talk on this blog! It needs to balanced out with Boy George and Adam Ant talk...

darkroompaul said...

I forgot the "be" sorry...

Anonymous said...

er, hmmmmm....