Saturday, December 29, 2007

Reconnecting
with TiVo


So there is no better time to reconnect with my friend TiVo then when I have some time. I haven't had a lot of time to keep up with my favorite shows (except the Hills and ANTM) - but this weekend (with poor Bruce slaving away at work - I had time to veg) now I am all caught up. I finally got caught up with this season of the Project Runway. And so far so good. I must admit this group of designers (at this point) seem like a nice bunch. They are not so caddy but then again it's still early in the season.

I have also had a chance to watch everyone's Project Runway favorite Tim Gunn's Guide to Style. I know I had mentioned before that I wasn't excited about watching this show because his co-host is Veronica Webb (her TV personality was much better than the in person personality that I meet at the Auto Show a few year's ago.) Well the other day I got a chance to sit down and watch the show - it's kind of "what not to wear" but not. Tim let's them keep their own personality, but helps them find clothes that make them look good. However, they do end up in a lot of dresses and skirts, which are cute, but really how many of us (with the exception of the summer of the dress) wear dresses and skirts all the time especially in winter (when all I want to wear is jeans.) The best part of this show is the witty, caring commentary of our Project Runway Fav - Tim Gunn.

I also got a chance to enjoy the Office, which I must admit has grown on me. Yes I was never a big fan of the office. I would always get excited about it especially during the opening song, because it is just so catchy, but somehow it just lost me somewhere if the first five minutes of the show. However all my friends love love love office so I kept coming back. And it turns out that with this show the 37th try was the charm. I ended up watching five episodes in a row.

So needless to say I won't be bothered by re-runs because I have a lot to catch up on. Yes even with my loyal TiVo it turns out if you neglect him long enough he must delete some episodes to continue to record more. So I have missed some of Desperate Housewives, Brothers and Sisters, now the Office and Heroes. So I am hoping that despite all the production of all these reality shows, I will still get some reruns. Also I am looking forward to the celebrity version of Donald Trump's The Apprentice.

Also I will be watching Eli Stone on ABC. Why? Well at the request of Olive due to the fact that it will feature her favorite George Michael. It premieres on Thursday, January 31st at 10pm EST. So what is it about, well according to IMDB: "A legal drama centered on a lawyer who begins to think he might be a prophet." Each of the episodes is named after a George Michael song and Olive's George will be appearing in multiple shows. The picture is my holiday treat for Olive. Yes, I don't think G. Love and Special Sauce will have their own television show anytime soon, so I will have to enjoy this one.

Speaking of G. Love there are signs everywhere - like today when I was eating a buritto the size of my head at Chipotle - right there on the paper that they use to line baskets was G. Love and Special Sauce - along with about a hundred other bands, that I have never noticed until I saw G.L.A.S.S. And G. Love will be in Germany when I am in Germany this summer. So all of these things are getting me excited about the January concert in Royal Oak (which I will be arriving late to - so no front row for me - and sadly Olive can't be there either - Angie will have to do her best to fill in.) However, I will be front row in Chicago at the Rivera Theater with Olive, my dear sister Krista and Megan (who will be inducted in the club with her first G. Love concert, hey it could be Krista's too.) I am not sure, well they better be ready to stand out in the cold to be first in line. (Angie ther eis still time for you to join us!!!!) Yes, I am slightly insane, but we already knew this so this is not what we would call "breaking news" in the biz.

No comments: