Friday, December 28, 2007

A New Look for 2008

So I am coming down from the holiday high. This week I think I consume more candies, cookies and cake in one week time than I do all year. The kicker is the holidays aren't really over yet.

So now we are just days away from 2008-- which means resolutions (and of course the new look for the TiVo Changed My Life Blog.)

First the New Looooooook.

Well I must admit it's not my favorite, but I need to spend a little more time with the html until I can decide I can produce something better looking than this. However it is green, a color which I thoroughly enjoy - I know I sound like a kindergartener but it's my favorite.

What are my resolutions:
  1. Run the Chicago Marathon
    This has been a goal of mine since 2001. I have technically been signed up and paid my money twice for this race. The first time, was after my first marathon and I was still working in the news biz. The race is in October and when September 11th happened, work became my number one priority. Then there was 2005. It was the first time I was training on my own for a long run, and I was doing pretty well. I had finished my 12 mile run, then I trip at work over the railroad tracks in Greenfield Village and broke my fifth metatarsal in my left foot. Which well stopped my training -- so this year (with the help of the 7:11 club) I am hoping that I will finally be able to register and run. My goal time is 4hours 30 minutes - which is 50 minutes faster than my first one. We shall see if I can do that. Anyone else in? Bruce?

  2. Finish Graduate School
    This one is a no brainer because well it's a 15 month program and graduation is set for 08/08/08. But as I found out this fall classes can get a little much when you are trying to go to work and be a good student. I also need to put our grad school project into high gear, it's easy to let that fall behind with our other school work, work and well life.

  3. Be More Organized
    Ok, I have a slight case of a type A personality, but sometimes it gets lost to the public, but it's always there. I crave organization and honestly without it, I don't sleep as well. Just ask Bruce, I have to make the bed before I can sleep in it. The question is why am I not organized. Well can you say, I have a lot on my plate. In reality I don't have as much as others, but I get so overwhelmed by the details - that I just get consumed. So in 2008, I am going to stop spreading myself so thin, instead, I am going focus on organizing Graduate School (set aside for school - so that I don't get too stressed out - don't wait for the last minute to get assignments done - which leads to burnout by the end of the semester,) my students (this one is hard, I need to set time aside to grade, so I don't get behind, and to realize that I can say no, and to organize my desk - stop the piles - start a filing system that works - but is not hard work for me) and my running (see number 1 - I need to hit the gym for at least 2 days a week even in the winter blahs - try to run in Marysville at 3:30 pm right after work - on the Helen 5k route.)

  4. Write
    I love to write (if anyone who is still reading this) you know. I am not sure if I am the best writer, but that does not stop me. I have a secret dream of being both a fabulous children's book writer or chick lit novelists. I have many ideas and many book titles, but they are all in my head. So this year I am going to try to take them from my head to paper. Then figuring out if they are good enough for someone else to read them is another thing.
So that's just a short list. We will see how long these last. I think the hardest is organization - but I am committed.

No comments: