Sunday, April 05, 2009

DMT PM

DMT AM

So I changed jobs in March. It was bittersweet. Bitter because it was mid-year and I had to leave my classroom and students. Sweet because now instead of commuting 42 miles each way to work, I commute 1.5 miles.

I left St. Clair TEC after nearly 4 years there. I must admit, it was a great job. I had great students who I had come to know and love. The funny thing about teaching is you really do invest a lot of your heart into it. Maybe because I am blue (for my True Colors people) but it's really a job that you become emotionally invested in. At least I do. I really do everything I can to help my students. Some days they hate it, but in the end, we end up with a mutual respect and affection. I know I will have the same in Lapeer but it just takes time to develop. Most of my students in St. Clair were 2nd year students, which meant I had them for 2.5 hours each day, every school day.

So needless to say leaving my kids was really hard. I will admit, some tears where shed. They are still popping up in my dreams. On my last day, we celebrated our time together. One of my students designed a t-shirt and we got them printed. And we all wore them. I gave them mock awards, like I usually do in the spring. It was a very emotional good bye. While I really do enjoy my new job and I am getting to know a bunch of new kids, who are getting to know me - I thought I would share some of the photos.

Yes, everyone loves Alex's hat.
It's our best attempt at the Myspace photo.
Nate and I.
That's my Martha!
She made me cry.
Me & Kate the Rock Star!
Britney and I.
He's a trouble maker, but I miss him.

No comments: