Wednesday, May 21, 2008


Sex and The City Movie Premiere & Me

I am very excited because due to the fact that I have the honor of being friends with Mary Lobbestael since nearly birth - I am going to the movie premiere of 'Sex and the City' in the City - yes New York City. Mary called me yesterday with the news, which means I quickly bought a very expensive ticket to NY - worth every penny. I fly out Tuesday night, where I will go to the premiere with the likes of Mary and well SJP (Sarah Jessica Parker), Cynthia Nixon, Kristin Davis and Kim Cattrall. I am such a big fan of the show - who doesn't love the light-hearted, smart, sexy, witty and very fashionable Carrie Bradshaw. You know these four women made the 30's the new 20's - so as a woman who's about to venture into the 30's I truly embrace the spirit of the movie. The only question is will I be able to embrace the fashion of the movie pull off something fab on the red carpet - well let's just say that I will be shopping for some totally over the top shoes at Somerset tomorrow to cap off the perfect outfit.

So how did Mary get these tickets - well I don't exactly know how - but I do know that she works placing automobiles in movies for General Motors and I pretty sure she got them through work somehow. Why did Mary pick me to go with her? Well I can't tell you that either, but I have to admit that I am very honored.

I am not sure how the premiere works, so I don't want to promise pictures when I may not be able to take a camera with me. But I will do my best... I am also excited because I haven't been to New York City since the last time I went to visit my grandparents, which was when I was oh about 12 years-old.

3 comments:

Fred said...

Lucky you! I've never seen the show, but I'm sure a couple of people living with me would die to be at that premiere.

Maybe you'll be on Entertainment Tonight!

JH said...

I doubt I will make ET - however I hope to get a glimpse of SJP. And I have the killer heels for the occasion.

taawd said...

you don't look a day over 27... how do you do it?