Friday, February 01, 2008

Eli Stone

At the request of the George Michael's Biggest Fan, I made sure I caught one of ABC's newest shows: Eli Stone. Why? Well much of the show featured illusions that starred George Michael and his hit single 'Faith.' So I tuned in this afternoon, thanks to the internet and watched it. I must admit, I wasn't quite sure what I was getting into, the premise is that a lawyer turns modern day profit.

So what did I think of it? So far so good! It was a cute show and I will admit I did get a little teary a time or two. I would say that I thought it would have more to do with George Michael, but it turns out the George Michael references are subtle - yet still enjoyable. I will have to wait to get feedback from Olive to see what she thinks, but for now my suggestion is to tune in. Other recognizable cast members - well there is the Eli's boss who is the dad from Alias. Then there is Eli's secretary who is the wife of the Chief of Staff from Grey's Anatomy. Other than George those are the only people I recognize. It stars Jonny Lee Miller - who was good, but I don't know him from anything else. It's on Thursday nights, 10 pm EST/ 9CST. I will make sure that I set the TiVo today - for a season pass.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i concur that it is cute. i probably wouldn't watch if george wasn't involved, but it's not a bad show to get thrown into. mildly clever, and jonny lee miller is appealing (british actor and angelina jolie's ex-husband). of course most appealing is the hot, hot, hot, hot and handsome george michael. he plays himself (not in a vision) in episode 7. i hope it makes it that long...

Beach Bum said...

I was going to watch it, but it was on too late and we don't have Tivo! OK, so I could've hooked up the VCR, but that would require trying to find a blank tape amongst all the Barbie, Elmo, and Strawberry Shortcake videos and I didn't have the drive. Maybe I'll watch it via internet! That's probably my best bet! Thanks for keeping me updated! Have fun in Chicago and say hi to Oprah for me!