Saturday, January 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Olive

Last night we celebrated Olive's birthday with Mango Margaritas and the Cat Bag (as pictured above.) So this is year six of the cat bag and everyone commented on how well it's holding up. I have to agree.

Dinner was filled with lots of fun conversation - however at one point it steered to a conversation of being a fan. (G. Love = Me and George Michael = Olive) Of course there were was lots of discussion, especially with me because I carry the title of G. Love's Biggest Fan. We spent much time on how disappointed G. Love probably was when he met his "biggest fan." A married, midwest, teacher in her late 20's - who doesn't smoke pot. Yes - he was probably more disappointed than he could have ever been with his cure. They were teasing me last night when I said that meeting him was fun but it brought my obsessive fandom down a notch. I heard a lot of "what did you expect?" to be honest I don't really know how to answer that question. Did I think we would be friends? Did I want him to leave with that longing feeling and feeling of lose because he had missed his chance with me because I was married? To answer these questions - hmmmm - really I have no idea what I wanted. I am a self-proclaimed geeky (funny) lady (I would write girl but I am feeling a little older as of late, I have stopped getting carded, my mom told me I no longer look like I am in high school and all the kids at school keep calling me ma'am) - let's face it my patented dance is a horrible version of the robot and I have a serious relationship with my TiVo.

So why am I still pondering these questions the next morning - well it could be the fact that I am about to go to my first G. Love concert of 2008 - quickly followed by another in Chicago and to end the cycle with a concert in Berlin this summer (yes - he will be playing when I go to visit Germany this summer.) I am excited about seeing him in concert - it helps me feel a little younger. Well I better finish reading this chapter for my grad school class that has literally take me a couple days to read - it's only 40 pages, however I think those pages are filled with the same things they put in decongestant because I keep falling asleep the minute I pick it up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

G. Love doesn't know what he's missing! Thanks for the mango margaritas!!!

Anonymous said...

I heard olive got wasted, then made the bar turn up the volume on her Autoshow special. Imagine that, all those tv's on that boring show. Listening to George Michael would have been better, maybe...

JH said...

no she got wasted and joined the very loud Spanish karaoke group, she has an amazing voice and who knew she was so fluent in Spanish - and who new there were so many Spanish versions of George Micheal songs- she never ceases to amaze me.