Sunday, October 21, 2007

7:11 Reunites For the Detroit Marathon

It's been a busy week that ended with a 7:11 reunion. We entered the Detroit Free Press Marathon as a team. Meghan flew up from Florida to join the festivities. The member noticabley absent: Joachim, who could be a first time dad at any moment. So he gets a pass.


The marathon is split up into five sections: 7.4 (over the bridge into C
anada - Robert,) 5.4 (Canada through the tunnel back to downtown - this leg was me,) 4.7 (downtown to Belle Isle - Tony,) 3.0 (Belle Isle - Meghan) and 5.8 (to the finish - Bruce.) KC was going to run the half-marathon but it closed early so she joined another team to compete. The official 7:11 team time was 4 hours 14 minutes. Which we were pleased with. Ok, I am not sure for the rest of the team, but I was pleased with.

It was fun hanging out together. The race was fun too, the only
complaint - they didn't have enough shirts in the right sizes, so all the girls ended up with Larges. Which means, I will be giving my shirt to Bruce. And we all know why most people (including me) run races: the free t-shirt. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day for the run. It was a little chilly in the morning but by the time we finished it was sunny and 75 degrees, a welcome relief for Meghan who left the 91 degrees of Florida to come here. I don't know if she could have handled the usual cold, wet rainy weather that accompanies the marathon. I was pleased too.

We are talking about our next run: Florida in January for the Disney Half Marathon. Yes, after we get together we make these crazy commitments that I end up regretting two weeks later when I am trying to squeeze running into grad school, work and life. But I guess it's a good thing because if I didn't have these commitments I wouldn't be running.

Which leads me to another topic of discussion being so busy that I have a TiVo full of shows waiting for me. Which I plan on trying to fit in some time this week and I also have some blogs to catch up on. But despite taking a long nap, it's 8:18 pm and I am tired. So I think I will start the week right and head up stairs to enjoy some sudoku and head to bed.

2 comments:

taawd said...

great to see an update from you. sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. i think you both owe me a "summer" visit. talk soon and heck, gimme a call!!

~Lori said...

Great pictures! Joachim should have run, because....still no baby......