Friday, June 22, 2007

Kansas City Here We Come

So it's a big weekend, why, well I get ready for a big week in KC. Yes, the
SkillsUSA National Leadership Conference and Competition is next week. As you may remember my students won the state competition so we will be headed down to KC for the National Competition. I am very excited for a couple of reasons: first I hear it is a great time (from those who went last year) and secondly because I used to live in KC. I am hoping that I will get a chance to catch up with a couple of my friends (Andrew, Carolyn, Gary, Streeter & Andre) at KCTV and my old anchor Jeff Vaughn who is now at the NBC affiliate.

As I look at the weather I realize that it will be just like I remember in Missouri at this time of year, that's right miserable. I love the city, b
ut I don't miss the heat. It will be in the upper 80's and humid all week. Bruce will be be holding down the homestead in Attica.

On side note today was the last day of work for my friend Dave Hickman, he has decided to leave education and rejoin the real world of work. He taught Information Technology, Dave can be a royal pain in my butt, we have a brother/sister type relationship, and gosh darnit, I am going to miss him. Yes, at work you can always count on Dave to help organize the golf event (hence my new found love for golf,) he will always come down to your room to steal the good candy with caramel preferably, he has a quick wit that will leave you rolling and his sharp tongue is the best, unless you are on the receiving end, which I must add is always (ok most of the time) in good fun. So Dave you big LOSER, (pictured to the right with me.) I can't believe you are leaving us, but I guess I understand, so have fun, but you better come back to golf, because I bought NEW clubs.

But now that I think about it maybe Brad Baker from Grand Valley via the Junction Bouy, can take your spot, hmmmm I wonder if he knows anything about computers, I am sure he has a myspace? Gale what you do you think? Oh I make myself giggle.

1 comment:

Professor Howdy said...




Very good work!
Congratulations...