Thursday, March 29, 2007

What Ever Will I Say---
WHEN OLIVE & I MEET G. LOVE!


Thanks to the great world of blogger & the TiVo Changed my Life Blog, a mysterious man named Todd from Cleveland (ironically, not my Todd from Cleveland) left me a message on my blog (click here to read.) In this message it spoke of things like a meet and greet with G. Love for charity. (Yes, Bruce the running shoes I mentioned getting myself for Easter, well I will put those off for another day.) I have been a passionate G. Love fan since my freshman year in college and I have been very close to him (pretty much front row at every concert), however I have never met him. Well now I will get the chance and it's all for a good cause. I think it's for ALS, I will do my research before I go. I am so excited, I tried calling Olive to get her to talk me out of it, but she didn't answer, so guess what now you are going.

The only hitch is, well we all know how I am when I meet someone I am impressed by, I become well an Insta-Dork. I start talking about nonsense that no one in the world is interested in. I am NEVER cool, but in front of celebs I am even less cool. I worry that this may be a mistake, what if I embarrass myself, which would make me not want to be in the front row at every concert I go to, or worse, what if G. Love isn't the person I imagined him to be for the ten years I have been following the band. What if he openly laughs at me in a bad way? Or worse yet, is openly annoyed by me! Could this be a mistake?

4 comments:

wet cat carl said...

you ever said you werent cool.i think you are and i think the whole class does.if you would of asked me this last year i would have had a different answer.but now that ive grown up a lil.not much but enough.yes you are a cool teacher.so get get em' who knows maybe G love actually wanted to work in TV.then he would think your cool because you did.be postivie!!!

Anonymous said...

Just be careful that he doesn't invite you and Olive back to the tour bus for a few drinks...

JH said...

Is that a bad thing?

darkroompaul said...

I heard that if you guys get into G Love's bus, Olive plans to slip a "roofie" into his drink. She also plans to bake him some cookies and leave them in the bus...mmmm, cookies.